Eds Note: Dino decided to just start a conversation this week. Or maybe 31 of them. Thirty-one flavors of discussion? I think he has been hanging out on Myspace too much.
Aaron Sorkin is smarter than I am.
By Dino Corvino
So as I ponder this new wave of constructive criticism, and some great opinions, I have decided that I am not all that interested in any of it. For me it sort of comes down to this, I like Bill. He is a nut case, but he is nut case who is finding his way through this whole thing. I think rather than telling him what he is not doing, why do we not tell him what he is doing right, and gently ask him to do more. Or we can try other options, like quitting.
In a continuation of my previous threads, here we go.
My questions for the week:
- 1.Who brought the idea of the Weston Dog Park to the table? How come we Wausau people do not have a good Dog Park? Dog Parks rule.
- 2.Do you remember the Wausau Timbers? Is there an organ at Athletic Park? Who is the organ player? What kind of grass is the field?
- 3.How many people live in Wausau? Weston? Rothschild? Schofield?
- 4.How many video stores are there in this city?
- 5.Have we ever had someone drown in the city pools? Does the city remember when the lifeguards from R-S Pool invaded? I had nothing to do with that.
- 6.What is the oldest person in the big cemetery on Grand Avenue? Who owns cemeteries? Are they a good investment?
- 7.How many people go to the Chess Club?
- 8.How does Wausau Area Events pay for itself? I think it is sort of part of the city, but have never seen it on the agenda. I know there is something to do with room taxes, but in all honesty I have no idea what that even means. But I thought Leah would know, and since she is here, why not get the actual correct answer.
- 9.How big of a company is Eastbay or whatever it is called now?
- 10.Who makes the best Egg Foo Yung(sp?) in this city?
- 11.Why in god’s name are snowmobile trails not open to mt bikers in the summer? Or horses? We need more horses.
- 12.If you had to go someplace to slow dance with the girl you love, where do you go?
- 13.Does St Clairs have the best ties? I bought a suit there once. They are really nice.
- 14.How come the guys from Downtown Grocery are not millionaires already? What in god’s name is stopping the whole town from shopping there?
- 15.If one wanted to buy a viola, where would one go?
- 16.What are the things on ballerina’s feet? Those shoes with the pointy toes?
- 17.Does Datawave still exist?
- 18.In the Wausau public schools what sort of sexual education do young people get? HOW ABOUT THAT FOR A LIGHTNING ROD.
- 19.Are you Democrats and Republicans meeting regularly and getting ready for the election season? Who is the Republican boss?
- 20.What happened to the guys who started Wee Bee CD’s?
- 21.In Heiniken better than Guiness? What is a good introductory beer for non drinkers?
- 22.Do you think Tom Jeter and Lucy will make it?
- 23.Who are Wausau’s version of the Kennedy’s?
- 24.If we added another festival to the island of Big Bull, what should it be?
- 25.Do you believe in God?
- 26.Am I convincing you about the whole Burt thing? He is trouble, and I think he does not have America’s best interest at heart.
- 27.Is Ed Gale a ninja, or am I just totally off base?
- 28.Was Don Mattingly a better hitter than Tony Gwynn?
- 29.Is Wayne Steffenhagen a good football coach?
- 30.What about that Burt thing?
- 31.Do cows ever run?