Or maybe I should entitle this post “Let Out Your Inner Geek”. What’s your hobby? What do you become obssesive about? Everyone has something. Lucky for us, the Wausau Area is filled with organizations that can help you hang out with others with the same interests. I was looking through a listing of clubs in the area and was amazed by the variety. There are the ones that most folks recognize like Altrusa, Elks, 4-H, Scouts, Eagles, etc. But here are few that you may not know are out there:
- Wausau Wheelers Bicycle Club
- Monday Morning Readers Book Club (also 3rd Tuesday Evening)
- Central WI Cat Club (Contact Donald Finger)
- Wausau Bird Club (Contact Robert J. Firary)
- Country Corners Square Dance Club (also the Merry Eights, Ski Square Dance Club) Find some square dance links here.
- Central WI Concertina Club (Contact Ronald Rux)
- Federated Garden Club
- Marathon County Home Economists
- Wausau Boot and Saddle Club
- Italian Men’s Club
- Central WI Ornament Collectors Club
- In Focus Photo Club
- Wausau Area Science Fiction Enthusiasts (and NEWFOD…NE WI Friends of the Doctor)
There are hundreds of ways to become involved in the community through these organizations. If you can’t find a club for your interests, you aren’t paying attention! Give a call to United Way’s 2-1-1 to find out more about how to get involved.
Eds Note: Speaking of passions. I know that many of you have a passion for winter sports, both silent and noisy. To help with those pursuits, and just for general information, the Weather Service at Green Bay now has a snow depth map for their coverage region. You can find it here. Having looked at it this morning, I can assure you that you should not load up the snowmobiles and drive to anywhere in Northeastern Wisconsin.